Monday, February 1, 2016

Old English Appetizers

Years ago, my aunt had the most tasty and easiest appetizer at a Family Thanksgiving Dinner.  We have since adopted this recipe for ourselves, and I thought that I would share it with you. It is so easy, and in fact, is made ahead and put in the freezer!  I love things that you can make way ahead of time!  Just be prepared for them disappearing as soon as you take them out of the oven! 
 
The strangest ingredient in the recipe is Old English Spread!  This is a tiny jar, usually found in the processed cheese section, way on top.  And this little jar is usually about $4, which is the part that kills me.  I actually saw some the other day on clearance for $2 and thought about stocking up, but decided that it was on clearance because it was already old, and it would be awhile before I used it.
 
 

Old English Appetizers


  • 12 English Muffins
  • 1 Jar Old English Cheese Spread
  • 1 Stick of butter
  • 1 can of baby shrimp or small bag of frozen cooked shrimp
Mix the stick of butter and cheese spread together.  Spread this mixture onto each half of the English muffins until gone. Slice each English Muffin half into quarters. 
 
Place quarters onto a cookie sheet and freeze.  When they are frozen, you can put them into a Ziploc bag for later use. 
 
When ready to have appetizers, place quarters onto a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese and butter is melted.  Serve!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!