Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Check the Bucket List: Ukulele

I've always loved learning a new instrument.  Of course in college, I had to study my major and minor instruments for hours and hours, but my favorite classes were learning new instruments!  Prior to attending college, besides piano and trumpet, I had studied drums and guitar, but college really opened so many more doors for me.  I always have a "bug" to learn a new instrument.

In the last few years, my "bucket list" instrument has been the Ukulele.  I've literally studied everything I can about it; from which to purchase, how to teach it, how to play it, etc.  I finally took the dip and bought this beauty!

It took me several months to settle on which one to get and since I don't live near a music store, it was hard to choose, but this Luna Mahogany Mo'o ended up being the one!  I ordered from another seller on Amazon and waited impatiently for two weeks for it to come, to discover that the company cancelled my order and didn't notify me.  In fact, it showed that it was shipped the entire time (and still does)!  So I re-ordered, hoping to have a better outcome. It came in two days!

I really thought that figuring out what to buy would be the most difficult part of learning the ukulele!  Guess what - it's not!  Keeping this fun baby away from my younger children is posing to be the most difficult. They aren't careless or rough with it.  In fact, they treat it like a precious baby. But darned if they aren't learning to play it faster than me! Of course, I can't get it away from them to get my own practice in! 

As a Music Therapist, I have to say that this is truly turning out to be a perfect instrument to introduce to anyone!  It sounds pleasant, it's easy to play (several of the main chords are one finger), and it's makes you feel good.  What more can a therapist ask for?  I can't wait to start my first class.  Oh, and guess what my three kids are getting for Easter instead of candy?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!