Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Earning Bach Bucks

We are the third week into our new Musikopoly Incentive Program for the year in the piano studio.  I’m amazed at what kids want to do to earn more Bach Bucks for the incentives and to top it off, they are learning! (Shhhh, don't tell them!)

Last week we had two kids memorize their assigned pieces for the week to earn $25. This week, my son wanted to earn extra Bach Bucks, so we posted a performance on YouTube for $20.  Check it out!  After playing through his piece a few times to record, he played it for me memorized!  How many 14 year olds get that excited about practicing?

If you weren’t already a fan of doing incentives in piano lessons, just that fact the kids are begging me to do memorized pieces, composer projects, and recordings should be enough to convince you how much incentives can help them progress.  I’d love to hear how you get kids to practice and want to do piano!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!