This week, we had a speaker come and talk about Potty Training with our MOPS Group. I wanted to tie in a craft to go with it, so decided to include a Potty Training Chart. I went on a search on the trusty internet, and found lots of ideas and a free printable for a Potty Training Chart. I found quite a few, and one I really liked, but it was blurry when I saved it on my computer. Here is where I got the Potty Charts from. I printed these off at the church we meet at on card stock for free, so this cost me nothing.I had a pack of self laminating sheets on hand that I figured I would just have MOPS reimburse me for, that was until I priced them out at Walmart and discovered that they were $14 for just 10 of them! Needless to say, I donated most of the cost of these and would recommend using a laminating machine and the sheets end up costing about $.28 each.
Here's what you will need for this project:
- Ribbon ($.99/roll - we got 2-3 out of each)
- 1/4" Grommets ($4.45 for 15 grommets and the tool)
- Piece of wood to pound on
- Hole punch (I used regular one, but had to widen the hole to fit the grommets)
- Card stock with charts printed on them in color
- Lamination sheets & Lamination Machine (I own one, ask around, you might be surprised to find someone that owns one. Originally, I split the cost with a friend, and then we just switched when we needed it. They cost only $28 in Walmart)
This project didn't take very long to complete for 6 ladies (about 20 minutes). My non-potty trained little one (who had no interest in prior attempts) watched carefully as I got all the things ready, and when I walked in the door from MOPS last night, she was waiting for "her" chart to hang on the wall! She has had 3 stickers just this morning!
Here's the directions:
- Follow the directions for laminating the sheet. You could do ahead of time, but it was nice to have the ladies do it themselves.)
- Punch a hole in two spots at the top - we eyeballed this.
- Follow the directions to pound in the grommets.
- Tie on ribbon.
- Hang up by toilet & enjoy!
I think if I calculated correctly, this project cost us about $1.10 each to make. I was shooting for less, but you could cut costs if your supporting church has a lamination machine and sheets for free, too. The Grommets were fun to try - none of the other ladies had ever used them.
I also printed out some potty training tips from Pinterest that I had found along the way. Let me know what you think. I hope some of you can use this for a MOPS night, too!