Friday, May 31, 2013

"Limitless: Devotions for a Ridiculously Good Life" - Book Review

 I have to admit that I was fascinated about the life of Nick Vujicic and chose this book for that reason.  I was expecting autobiography, but pleasantly surprised to find this book is a devotional.  I'm not always a fan of devotional books, but this one is so different than the "normal" devotional that I couldn't stop reading it cover-to-cover when it arrived!

Each chapter of this devotional begins with a scripture about a life topic.  It then has a story that Nick Vujicic relates from his own life without arms and legs, to every person in every walk of life.  Instead, of finishing with a prayer at the end of a chapter, this devotional ended with sound advice to go forward in life.  Each chapter could stand alone if you wanted to pick a particular subject, or like myself, you could read this devotional from cover-to-cover!

Every chapter seemed like it was speaking directly to me.  As I read "Limitless", I had to keep looking at the cover to see if Nick Vujicic had grown arms and legs, because he seems so "normal" by his writing.  It seemed like he had literally gone through the same things that I've gone through.  I highly recommend this devotional to everyone, even if you don't generally care for devotionals, because Vujicic truly hits home to every  persons life and heart.  It will give you hope, no matter what you are going through!

I recieved this book from Waterbrook Press in exchange for an authentic review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!