What you will need to clean your Living Room Chairs & Couches:
- Leather Shine
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Spray Bottle with 1/4 teaspoon of Ultra Power Plus Laundry Detergent and water
- Ultra Power Plus Laundry Detergent
- Mattress Cleaner (optional)
What to do:
- If you have any covers on your couches or chairs, before removing the cover, spray the UPP/water spray bottle on any stains, to pre-treat them.
- Throw the covers into the washing machine with a scoop of UPP. They'll be all ready and clean after you're done cleaning everything up!
- Next, determine what kind of fabric your couch is made of. Here is what the tags may mean:
W: OK to use water for cleaning.
S: Only use a solvent-based cleaner on fabric.
SW: Either water or a solvent cleaner is safe to use.
X: Only use a vacuum for cleaning.
- If water is safe, go over all of the fabric, or microfiber couches with a wet (with only water) Envirocloth, wiping any of the stains or spots clean. This Envirocloth, is not just any rag or cleaning cloth, it really works to clean stains as well as 99% of the bacteria! This should take care of most stains on the couches.
- For any tough stains, spray a small amount of the UPP/water mix onto the stain, and wipe clean with the Envirocloth.
- If you have any leather chairs, the Leather Shine with do wonders for those pieces of furniture.
- Treat any of the wooden legs of the couches and chairs with the vinegar/oil treatment from the kitchen cupboards.
- Next, take all those cushions out of the couch and use the vacuum cleaner to clean all of the crevices of the couch.
- If you have fabric couches, you may want to treat all of the cushions and couches with the Mattress Cleaner. This will get ride of more stains and the ever present dust mites! I have allergies, so this is a must for me!