Monday, September 24, 2012

Be Still My Soul - Book Review



I rarely have books that I can't put down until I finish it, but "Be Still My Soul" by Joanne Bischof was one of those books.  I got hooked into this book so much that I stayed up late nights and early mornings to finish it.

Set in the Appalachian Mountains, Lonnie Sawyer clings to her faith as her abusive father dictates her life.  Lonnie counts the days that she will be able to move in with her loving and faithful aunt.  All her plans and dreams come to a halt one night, when the local, lady's man, Gideon O'Reilly steals a kiss from her, which her father witnesses.

Lonnie's father forces a marriage between Lonnie and Gideon, which in turn begins another difficult path for Lonnie.  Gideon struggles with his own bitterness and anger at being forced to marry Lonnie.  Gideon takes Lonnie away from the only home she's ever known to pursue a new beginning, but struggles to give up his resentments.

Will Lonnie's quiet faith in God be enough to keep their marriage together and give Gideon the hope and faith he needs to be the husband God is calling him to be?

Cover to cover, this book will not disappoint.  I had my doubts about how good this book would be for a first time author, but I can't wait for the next in this series to be released!  This series, "The Cadence of Grace", will be hard to put down, and even more difficult to wait for the next book!  I truly can't say enough about how great this book was!

I did receive this book in exchange for my review from Multnomah Books, but would not hesitate to purchase the next in the series myself! Please consider helping me out by ranking my review HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!