The first step to having a craft show is to decide to have one. I've done a few over the years, but for very different reasons. Some of the reasons to do a craft show are:
- Make extra money for a season
- Start a new business
- It's always been a dream to sell your handmade items
- Your crafting has gotten out of hand, and you've made too many things
- You want to promote your Etsy or internet craft selling business
- You love to go to craft shows, but never buy, because you can make that too.
My reason for doing a craft show this year is to help my daughter raise funds to go on her own 4-H awarded trip to Japan in a couple of years. In addition to helping her raise funds, this will hopefully promote and give our Etsy Shop more exposure locally.
What are your reasons for doing craft shows? I'd love to hear why you decide to do craft shows. Please stay tuned for my posts every day in October as I get ready for a craft show during my 31 Days to a Craft Show series.
For a complete list of the 31 Day Until A Craft Show series and links to each post go Here to Day 31.