Friday, April 13, 2012

Weekly Changes

I'm trying to add one thing each week that makes my life healthier.  This weeks goal is water.  I know, this isn't rocket science!  Everyone knows your supposed to drink at least 8 glass of water a week.  But I struggle with this!  I got really sick from the water when I was in college, so can't bear the taste of water.  I know, it's in my mind, but 20 years later, I still associate a case of cryptosporidium to water!

Like it or not, my goal this week is to drink at least one glass of water before each meal or snack.  I hope this will make me healthier because I'm actually drinking water, and I hope that it will curb my hunger.  I've read recently that often times we think we are hungry, but are actually thirsty.  I've even taking this one step further.  If I want a snack that I "shouldn't" have (like late at night before bedtime), I force myself to drink two whole glasses, and if I still want the snack, it's OK for me to have it.  I find that I don't eat as much that way.

What about you?  Do you drink enough water?  Are you committed to drinking more water?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!