Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day 2012

So, I don't tend to go out of my way to "celebrate" Earth Day, but I thought I'd share with you one thing that I do daily to save energy, save money, and of course, save the earth that God gave us.  I do my very best to hang as many of my clothes to dry on the line.  I would love to get rid of the dryer altogether, but let's face it - with five kids, there is just no way to get everything done in a week, so often I need to finish up clothes in the dryer.

I do about 15 loads a week, so my dryer can't even keep up with it all.   I have a goal each day of getting at least three loads done, and I can usually get those clothes up on the line before lunch to dry.  In fact, I get a load up first thing in the morning, then one after my morning workout and one after my shower.  Sometimes it's downhill from there, but, I do what I can.

I do have my limits - I like my towels to be soft and smelling nice from the dryer.  What about you?  Do you put your laundry up on the line?  What kind of things to do you do to save money, and the earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!