I’m going to be a Grandma! So I’m throwing a shower to celebrate the new baby girl that my daughter is going to be having! I picked the theme of llamas and cactus. I’ve always been fascinated with making a diaper cake for a decoration and gift for the new mama! Don’t ask me why, maybe it just embodies everything crafty with having a baby!
My biggest thing about this project, is that I want it to look pretty and help with our theme of the shower and I want the Mama-to-be to be able to use all those diapers. So - I resisted using a glue gun!
Here are the things that I used in this project:
- 1/3 a Box of Kirkland Size 1 Diapers - Costco $12 (it’s full price was $35, but I only used 1 of the 3 packages in the box)
- 14” Wilton Cake Tray -Walmart $4 for 4 (I used 1)
- 2” wide Burlap/lace ribbon - Walmart $4.63
- Jute String - Dollar Tree $1
- Cactus picks - Dollar Tree 3 for $1 each
- Pack of tiny rubber band hair ties - Dollar Tree $1
- Toy for top - Walmart $8
- Stick pins - on hand