Monday, April 12, 2021

Diaper Cake DIY


 I’m going to be a Grandma!  So I’m throwing a shower to celebrate the new baby girl that my daughter is going to be having!  I picked the theme of llamas and cactus.  I’ve always been fascinated with making a diaper cake for a decoration and gift for the new mama!  Don’t ask me why, maybe it just embodies everything crafty with having a baby!

My biggest thing about this project, is that I want it to look pretty and help with our theme of the shower and I want the Mama-to-be to be able to use all those diapers.  So - I resisted using a glue gun!

Here are the things that I used in this project:

  • 1/3 a Box of Kirkland Size 1 Diapers  - Costco $12 (it’s full price was $35, but I only used 1 of the 3  packages in the box)
  • 14” Wilton Cake Tray -Walmart $4 for 4 (I used 1)
  • 2” wide Burlap/lace ribbon - Walmart $4.63
  • Jute String - Dollar Tree $1
  • Cactus picks - Dollar Tree 3 for $1 each
  • Pack of tiny rubber band hair ties - Dollar Tree $1
  • Toy for top - Walmart $8
  • Stick pins - on hand
Total: Just under $30

Here’s a little video I did if you want more about how I put this together:

What do you think?   Thanks for checking it out, I love to hear your comments and thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!