Thursday, October 1, 2015

Unloving Parents Today

Ok - I've had enough of  unloving parents these days!  I'm warning you now to that this is all my opinion, and you may not like it.  In fact, I probably won't even respond it you make nasty comments to me about it!  That's my disclaimer!

Here's my opinion: What is wrong with parents today that can't wait to get rid of their kids?  They can't wait to send them to school, and can't stand them home from extended breaks!  Here's a post from someone (who will remain anonymous) on my Facebook just this morning that has pushed me over the edge:
"Sigh....the first day of the 4 day weekend and I already wanna send them back to school. Geez Louise."
What in the world would those kids think if they heard their mother saying that?  Really, four days is too much for you to spend with your own children? Does she really think that by putting that on Facebook, that her kids will never know that she essentially hates them?  Once you put it on the internet, it's there forever! 

A few years ago, I made the commitment to really think about what I post about my children on Facebook before posting it.  They may not be on Facebook right now, but someday they will be. I love to tell funny stories about them, but I'm really aware of not sharing things that would embarrass them now or someday.  In fact, I put up tons of praise and proud moments I have of them, so that they get a clear message that I love them, want them, and am proud of them.


I know I'd be hurt if my Mom shared my dirty laundry and bad choices I've made. I'd feel even worse if she didn't want to be with me and told the universe on Facebook.  In fact, a couple of years ago, my father (sperm donor) commented on his blog about how much weight I had gained since he last saw me. (fyi -  I've had 5 children since he last saw me!!)  I can't tell you the pain that has caused me ever since.  I'm 31ish!  I'm traumatized by a comment my father said on a blog about me as a full grown adult - imagine the impact that would have on a teenager when they find that their parent can't wait to get rid of them!

I have five children.  I am with them 24/7, as I homeschool them and keep them close to me.  I cried the first day of my oldest son attended the local high school for 2 classes. I cried when my third child wanted to go to band class every day.  My children have rarely been away from us, and have had very few occasions with sitters over the years. I want to be with my children! That's why I had them.  I can't wait for us to be together as a family! Don't get me wrong, I want them to go out and be upstanding citizens when they are adults and ready, but I don't need to pawn them off on anyone else because I can't stand them for a 4 day weekend. 

Why do parents today have such a distain of the children, that they don't look forward to every moment they have with them? Do they know that time flies and soon, they will be gone?  Why even bother having children, if you're not going to spend every moment loving on them?  What is going to happen to the next generation if none of the parents can stand their children?  These moments with our children are so precious so don't waste them!  Your children will get your message loud and clear and not want to be with you either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!