Saturday, January 19, 2019

Vintage Truck Painted Old Saw

My newest project!



I found this old saw at a local thrift store, and knew I wanted to try to paint it.  In fact, I found a whole pile of saws and figured I’d try one first and then go back for more if it worked like I wanted.  I actually thought it was a little speedy at $2.50, but bit the bullet and bought it. 

The first thing I did was wash and scrub this with vinegar.  It did clean it up a little, but not like I thought it would.  All the markings are character, right?

Next, I clear coated it with Clear Spray Paint by Krylon like this:


Next I used my Chalk Couture Transfers to put a Vintage Truck and “This is How We Roll” on the saw.

Finally, I used the Krylon Clear Coat to make the chalk paste permanent.

Here are the links to the Chalk Couture transfers and products I used for this project.  (I do make a small amount for all sales on my site.  Thank you for your support).


I love how this saw turned out.  Please let me know what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!