Thursday, May 17, 2012

Double Duty Exercise

Two athletes doing exercise on treadmill  As a Mom of 5, I'm always looking for ways to get more done in less time, so I'm not sure why it took me so long to come up with this idea!

 I have really dry feet.  The dermatologist said to put thick lotions on my feet 3-5 times a day and wear socks at night to keep the moisture in my feet.  Well, first of all, I barely get my teeth brushed most days, I certainly don't have time to lather up several times a day.

In fact, I barely seem to have time to exercise in everyday, but I've been making the effort to make some healthy changes.  A few weeks ago, I was putting on my tennis shoes to run on the treadmill and had an aha! moment!  I could put a think layer of lotion on my feet before I worked out, under my socks and my feet would have a chance to stay moist through my workout!

I did have some doubts, that maybe it would be uncomfortable, since my feet would sweating with lotion on them, but amazingly, it doesn't bother me during exercising and my feet are moisturized when I'm done!  It worked, my exercise does double duty!

Do you have ways you do double duty during exercise?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!