Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Dress Sneak Peak

 I was not sure what I was going to do for Easter dresses this year.  Last year I made These Pillowcase Dresses from my Scrap Stash, but this year, I just had no ideas.  I knew I didn't really have any large pieces of fabric, so I wasn't sure what I would do until I found this Tutorial at Sew Much Ado on Pinterest.   I have a ton of old t-shirts around that I can't bare to get rid of, but wasn't sure what I was going to do with them.  I grabbed two different ones and used the bottoms to make the skirts and the rest to make the ruffles.
The girls are so excited to wear these, it was hard to convince them to wait until Easter!  I was so surprise to find the aqua shirt in my daughter's drawer that is a gift from Grandma from last year!  It matches perfectly. The best thing about these dresses, they were FREE!

 We like to have coordinating outfits, so we can take a family picture together.  Everyone else is wearing tan, chocolate brown and white with a touch of aqua.  I made a scarf from the white and blue t-shirt for my older daughter, plus matching hair flowers!  I'll share soon.

Have a Happy Resurrection Day!

6 comments:

  1. First of all: HAPPY EASTER TO YOU AND YOURS Hope it's a wonderful Easter for you all. Your girls will be so pretty in their new (no cost) wow dresses. Good job Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! How very cute! Would you link this up to our blog hop!? I think our readers would love it. I do!!!

    and Happy resurrection Day to you too!

    xoxo, Jordan

    http://www.lilywhite-designs.com/2013/04/frugal-crafty-home-blop-hop-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I love that they coordinate, and your models are super cute!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are just so cute!! I would be excited too if I were them! I love how you got them to match and made them to be different for each of them, yet cohesive. Hope you had a lovely weekend and thank you so much for joining my party!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them - so sweet - I can just imagine how special your girls felt and how excited they were to wear these dresses - beautifully done. I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!