Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Winnowing Season Book Review

Again, Cindy Woodsmall delivers with a fabulous read!  I couldn't put this Amish fiction novel down.  In fact, "The Winnowing Season" which is the second book in the Amish Vines and Orchards series, is so good, that I am going out to get books one and three to get the rest of the story!

Rhoda Byler has special gifts that find her often in "trouble" with the Amish community.  She is working for the King Family Orchards, when a tragic tornado ruins the orchards, to the point of the family investing in new endeavors in a new state, Maine.

Jacob King is haunted by his past, but is madly in love with Rhoda.  His past seems to be a problem that takes him away from Rhoda when she really needs him.  His brother Samuel is the steady leader of the King Orchards, but often butts heads with Rhoda.  In their new settlement in Maine, Samuel realizes that he is madly in love Rhoda, too, but won't betray his brother.

Will the King brothers and Rhoda be able to stay faithful to God's leading, or will this new settlement bring them to ruins?  Can the brothers keep the family business together and stand behind Rhoda, whom they both love?

I highly recommend this book to anyone that loves a good, clean Christian Novel.  In fact, I recommend the whole series to you.  I did receive this book in exchange for my review of this book, but all opinions are mine.  (Oh, and I get no compensation for recommending the whole series - that's just my own opinion!)

You can go HERE to rate my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!