Saturday, November 14, 2015

DIrect Sales Tipping

I don't know why I've never thought about this before, but I recently had an aha! moment with tipping.  Drum roll please!  Here it is:  When you leave a tip, leave a mini catalog or flyer with a nice note for the service provider thanking them for their service!  So simple!  I try to be sincere and hand write a note on the back of my mini catalog from my direct sales business as well as leave a generous tip, and that's it.  I haven't yet received a call from one of these, but I've only gone out two times so far where I could leave a tip. 
This is a tip that I left for the maid of our hotel room recently.  I'll be honest, I don't always tip in a hotel room, but this room was so fantastic, clean and a free upgrade from management, that I felt like I should give back to the maid.  My husband used to be a hotel man service, and he feels you should always tip too!
 
I went out to Red Lobster, recently, and left a tip with a note thanking the server.  I used to be a waitress, and there were very few people who went out of their way to compliment my services.  The ones that did, still stick out in my mind - 20 years later. 
 
What if it made that server's day? What if you made someone smile today?  What if you built up someone's self esteem by making them feel special? What if that just led to one new lead for your direct sales business today?   I think it's worth a try! Let me know how you thank your servers and make an impact, too! 
 
Of course, you can support my businesses HERE and HERE, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!