Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days - Day 20: Bagging

I hope you've been enjoying all the posts on 31 Days Until a Craft Show.  My intent was not only to get myself ready for my craft show this year, but also, to get all the information in one place for doing a craft show.  As I was doing searches online, I couldn't find a lot of places that had all the information in one place and put in the pictures too.  I hope this can be a resource, so please comment if you have more ideas or links to posts about getting ready for a craft show.

I don't know about you, but when getting ready for a craft show, one of the last things that I really think about is bagging.  I'm thinking back to my first few craft shows, and don't even think I had bags at all.  After this last craft show, where my friends were doing the most organizing, I realized that I may have missed this important item.

Of course, you could just plan to use old plastic Walmart bags, but I think it's nice to have a little extra touch by bagging it up nicely.  Don't go crazy with this.  Of course, if you have large items, they don't need to be bagged up, but for smaller items, it's nice to have it bagged to protect the item and keep pieces together.  Also, your bag can reflect more business.  When people walk around and see a nice bagging job, the wonder and may even ask someone where they got it.    I have to say that I fancy these small clear cellophane bags.  I actually find them in Walmart in the party section for under $2 for 20 of them.  One tip, you can find them in the cake decorating aisle in the Wilton items, but they are more expensive there. That makes them just $.10 each, and I don't have to pay for shipping.  I actually will bag up the small items before the show.
Here are some of our button tacks all bagged up and ready to go.  I put out a basket on display with a bunch of these all ready to go.  The customer can see them through the bag, it keeps the items together and it saves me time in the long run.

This leads to medium and large size bags, which I haven't been able to find in stores for a decent price.  I have searched it out a little and found quite a few place to get bags either cellophane, plastic or the kraft bags.
I was able to find these larger bags for between $.20-$.30 a bag.  I hate to recommend a company just yet, because I'm not sure how credible they are.  I do recommend Etsy sellers for one place to look.  The other place , but a little more spendy is Oriental Trading has Craft bags for $6.95 a dozen.  Another place I would recommend finding bags would be on either Ebay or Amazon.com.

 I found these frosted bags on Amazon for $18.90 for 100 of them.  They are 12"x15", so I think they would be a nice in between size for putting both medium and small items in.  They are frosted, so others can get a view of what people are buying too.  With Amazon, at least the items are backed and their customer service is wonderful.  (Just my opinion, of course)

For large items, you won't need to wrap them at all.  Those items will need to be carried out as is.

Over all, be sure that you find a reputable company and that you don't spend a ton of money for your bags. I love the small bags at Walmart, because I can easily access them, and even return them if I buy too many.

Where do you get your bags for bagging?  I'd love to hear about how you package items up.

For a complete list of the 31 Day Until A Craft Show series and links to each post go Here to Day 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!