Friday, November 30, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

We are down to just moments before our craft show!  Of course, we haven't had time to even get worried or nervous, because we are trying to get as many things finished as possible!  
In an effort to get our layout down, we have a chalk outline in my friend DeAnn over at Stampin' on the Prairie.  Fortunately we did this  (and took my own advice HERE), because we discovered that our booth is really narrow!  It is 7 feet wide by 9 feet deep.  Doing a dry run has helped us think through the possibilities of what to do.  Unfortunately, our ladder shelf is going on the side of the booth instead of the back.  We are hoping to be able to go a little over our boundaries at the back of the booth, since most crafters here put their things only in the front of their area.

On to more exciting things, I am getting some of my larger furniture items done, finally!  (I always work better under pressure, which in turn makes me a huge procrastinator.  Or is it my procrastination that makes me work better under pressure?)This little table with the "pie crust" edge, I found near the end of the rummage sale season, and was shocked to actually find a piece of furniture and actually walked away from the sale with four tables!  I have been having a problem finding cheap and free furniture to fix up here in the West.  I'm not sure where all the "dead" furniture goes here.

Here she is!  I am really excited about this one.  It took me a long time to decide how to best bring out her features.  I painted the primer on it and then started the top in Antique white, and then I couldn't decided what to do.  I actually thought the legs should be white and the top something else.  So I stopped painting for over a month.   Then yesterday,  I knew what to do.  I knew she needed some special attention! I love how this turned out and in a way, hope she doesn't sell.  What do you think?

This is a really heavy and sturdy coffee table that had seen better days from a hotel.  I loved the lines, of it and knew that I would make a chalkboard coffee table from the moment that I saw it!  This is my first attempt at making my own chalkboard paint, but love the results and even more, I love the cost!




Well, that's it for now, I have a ton more things that I have made, but need to get more things made first, before loading them here.  Hope you enjoyed my favorite pieces (and the ones I hope don't sell, so I can use them myself.)  Don't forget to check out the blogs on the right column that I love to link up to.

12 comments:

  1. You gave me some inspiration! I have a little cupboard stand that I want to do something with. Every time I pass it on my way out the back door, I say, "I want to paint you white!". It's going to be almost 60 tomorrow so I think I'll do it! Thanks. You made some great pieces there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I have several to-be-painted furniture items waiting in my basement; this might be the inspiration I need to get going on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, thanks for the inspiration! I found you through Homemake On A Dime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful ideas on Simple & Sweet Fridays. They turned out great!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute ideas. I love the chalkboard table-it looks grat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop on Handling with Grace!

    so cute!! i have been wanting to do something similar with a end table i found at a rummage sale

    Following you via my google blog reader :-)
    Def enjoyed this post! Please feel free to stop by my blog if you have time :-)

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck on your craft show. I enjoy attending them. Requires a lot of work. Hope yours pays off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ladder shelf - great idea! Visiting you from VTT.

    Come and join me for my Countdown to Kitschmas.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on those furniture makeovers! I hope your sale goes off great and that y'all get the extra space you need for those long shelves! Can't wait to see the pictures!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm sure that chalkboard table will sell quickly!

    hope you will have a chance to stop by, and today i am hosting a giveaway. hope you win! http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

    peace to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I haven't seen anything from your craft show????? I'm interested in a blog post on how everything went while you were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for my absence! I went directly from the craft show, to moving, to Christmas... I'll do my best to catch up soon! Finally, my Christmas is down!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!