Saturday, October 20, 2012

Vintage Suitcase Redo

I've been working on my items for the craft fair, and was so excited about this one, I just had to share!  Sorry for the little break from my 31 Days Until a Craft Show Series, but I did warn you that I like to do new things all the time.  There is a ton of info on my series so far, and you'll have to stay tuned for more very soon!

I found this project here at Graphics Fairy.  If you have not been to Graphics Fairy's website, yet, you need to get over there.  She has so many awesome FREE graphics and a ton of ideas on how to use them.  I was looking through Pinterest, and ran into her tutorial on how to make a sheet music covered suitcase.  I knew right away that I had to do this and that I had the perfect suitcase for it!

Stain Ridden Vintage Suitcase
It is actually a wood suitcase, but had holes worn through

Very stained looking
After
 This looks so amazing, I almost hope it doesn't sell!  I can't believe how much Mod Podge can improve an old dilapidated item!  I promise that no music was injured in this project.  I found a couple of music books that were in really bad shape at a rummage and I knew that I wanted to do some projects with vintage music.
Back side after
 I even like the back side that has no picture on it.  That picture really adds to the suitcase!
Side view

I was worried as I put the music on the front, until the sides were finished.  The sides really makes it look professional!   The only thing I changed about this project from the Graphics Fairy, is that I put the print face right side up when you stand the suitcase up.  I wanted it to be the right way when you set it in a corner for decoration.  This would be great for storage of extra music, decorations, or whatever.

Please let me know what you think!  I love it.  Also, if you have suggestions as to pricing, please let me know..

9 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!!!!
    I love it...
    You had me at vintage suitcase.....
    And then you added music paper....
    swoon....

    Hope you do well at the craft fair!

    hugs, Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! i have one i need to do up, i am tossing up between music sheets or old maps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of a map! I don't know why I didn't think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMYGOSH, girl, this is waaaay past AWESOME...cutest thing, ever.
    I love it.
    I also love your blog so am following. Stop by to see me when you have time.
    Over from Cozy house....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, can't find where to follow.....:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following button should be in the left column. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. OH boy, you did such a wonderful job of covering that suitcase. It's incredible. I was so excited about the music covering it I forgot to see what image you put on front.
    I'd love to cover an old brown samsonite suitcase but I'm not exactly Mrs. handy hands. I get too impatient. Maybe I could impose on dear old hubs to help me.
    I have a big U.S.map so might just try that after copying different sections of it. No wonder I go thru so much ink for printer. That and printing out awesome projects like yours. I'm going to subscribe before I send this comment. Happy Week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a very good taste in redoing things. That suitcase makeover is awesome. You are very creative and talented. Enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks terrific! I just redid a black suitcase with stamps. It turned out great!I like the music and Eiffel Tower! Well done! Lyndaoflakeland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!