Thursday, October 25, 2012

31 Days - Day 24: Make the Display

This post is making me stumble a little.  It's been snowing for a couple of days now, and I just can't get some of my painting done right now.  I had these great plans to have things underway for actually making my display, but the snow has put a snafu into my plans.

I have two older ladders: one I got free from a rummage sale and the other happened to be my Grandfather's.  They are nice wooden ones, the free one doesn't work too well, but I figured with boards put across the two of them, it would stabilize enough to hold my display.  I was going to just brush white paint on them, to give them a more uniform look to them.

I have four large crates, two I am leaving wood with their Chinese writing on the sides, the other two need to also get the white wash treatment that my ladders are getting.  Along with these crates, I have two old wooden saw horses that I plan to use.  I am not going to change these, they have a little bit of green to them, which I love.  I also have several vintage suitcases to display, along with a metal wash bin.    That is what I am starting with.

I am sorry that I don't have pictures of progress, but I do have to say, that when you are getting ready for a craft show, you need to get your display ready well in advance, so you know that it's going to work for you. Start trying out ways to display your items the best.  Find bins that work for your things.

I promise, I will give you some updates as I get things assembled (and as soon as I can paint without it snowing!)  Here are the rest of the posts in the 31 Days Until a Craft Show.

For a complete list of the 31 Day Until A Craft Show series and links to each post go Here to Day 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!