Friday, October 26, 2012

31 Days - Day 25: Pack-up Plan

As you begin to  Make the Crafts and Make the Display, you will want to be thinking about how you will be packing your items up into your vehicle to get to the show.  Some may be fortunate enough to have a trailer or a pickup truck, but most probably will be trying to fit everything into a mini-van, or a contained vehicle.
This is similar to what I am working with.  It has a lot of space when all the seats are put down, but it still does limit me to how much I can get into it.  Some items, I just may not be able to make because they may not fit into my vehicle.  Fortunately, I am doing the show a few blocks from my house, so I could possibly make more than one trip.

If you are doing a craft show farther away, you may want to either cut back the size of the items you make, or come up with some way to bring the items to the craft show.  I've seen people pack things into a camper or into a trailer.  I would hesitate to do anything very expensive for the first few craft shows.  You don't want to spend more than you make, even at the beginning.

Start making a pack up plan, whether on paper or even just an idea in your head.  I may take my ladders out to the truck some day and just see if they may fit.  I'm a little less planned, so I'm just thinking about how things might fit.  Even though I'm only going a few blocks away, I don't want to make a bunch of trips.  We'll see.

For a complete list of the 31 Day Until A Craft Show series and links to each post go Here to Day 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!